When you buy a new car, you have to decide what to do with your old car. If it doesn’t have any trade in value or if it just no longer works you can be left with a huge problem. You could scrap the car for parts, or just junk the car for little to no profit, but holding on to it, isn’t always an option for space. You can donate it to help others. Some charities will fix the cars and sell them or even use them as delivery cars or give them to others who otherwise couldn’t afford to have one. Not only will you feel great about helping others, but you can also get a tax deduction. It's never too early to start donating.
Before you donate your car to charity:
- Research the charity or organization you plan to donate to.
- See if you will receive a tax benefit for your donation. (The charity/organization you donate to must be qualified. 501(c)(3) organizations are common types that make you eligible for a tax deduction.)
- Look up the value of your car (however, you can only deduct the actual amount the charity sells your car for).
- Ask if you, as a donor, have any other responsibilities in the process.
- Make sure the title is clear so you can transfer it over without any problems.
Here are some charities and organizations that will accept donated cars:
Make-A-Wish Car Donation will tow your car away for free and it is 100% tax deductible. Make-A-Wish foundation grants wishes for children who have cancer and other serious diseases.
Goodwill will accept any car, RV, or motorcycle. Goodwill provides jobs for people in the community, and also provide clothes and goods for those in need.
Paralyzed Veterans of America takes donations for cars, trucks, boats, planes and farm equipment in any condition. They will sell off the item and the proceeds will help Paralyzed Veterans with their road to recovery. They did so much for us, it would be really amazing to do something for them in return.
AMVETS also accepts cars for donations. Your donation will help veterans be able to have a better future.
Kars 4 Kids relies on donations to run all kinds of programs for kids. Before and after school programs, summer programs and other things that all kids need to become successful in life.
There are many more amazing charities that will accept cars. These charities are for all kinds of different causes. Find one near and dear to your heart. Let’s make a difference.
Just think, your beloved car is now helping families, animals and the community because you were kind enough to donate it.
This post is brought to you by http://www.dutchesschryslerjeepdodge.com/