Most of us sing in the car while we are traveling, there are some songs that are like nails on a chalkboard. They are so annoying, you can’t wait until the song is done. The worst is when it gets stuck in your head and you start randomly singing it. Some songs just are that catchy, annoying or not. I thought it would be fun to share what I consider the ten most annoying car songs. I know that I am going to have them all stuck in my head all day, I am willing to make that sacrifice for you.
10. Down by the Bay by Raffi. I love Raffi but this song is just annoying.
9. John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt, his name is my name too. There’s a lot of shouting in this song.
8. The Wheels on the Bus is extremely and utterly annoying.
7. This is the song that never ends was made popular by Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop. Now it’s just a song kids sing to drive their parents crazy. The song can go on for minutes, or hours because it never ends until you distract them or they forget.
6. Yankee Doodle and other patriotic songs are best sung at ball games and on the 4th of July.
5. I’m Henry the Eighth I am is usually more of an adult song but it gets forever stuck in your head, sometimes you wish you were one of his wives.
4. it’s a Small World is a popular song to sing while you are driving to Disney World it’s a small small car after the fifth time.
3. Row Row Row your Boat especially when sang in rounds. Anything sung in rounds is annoying.
2. The Hokey Pokey is great when you are in a circle or even on roller skates but in the car it is extremely hard to do the Hokey Pokey because you can’t turn yourself about or put your whole self in or put your whole self out. It seems kind of counteractive to me.
1. 99 bottles of whatever on the wall. I am not sure I have ever made it through the whole song before. I would get to about 75 and give up.
Most of these songs are the same thing over and over again. The repeated singing can be annoying when you are in a car for hours or days at a time. I am definitely guilty of singing these songs when I was young.