Here is the official press release about A Better World:
A Better World, a Facebook game that rewards players not just for in-game activities but also for real world acts of kindness and expressions of gratitude, has soared to more than 120,000 players.
Popular with women, A Better World, adds a new layer of social activity to casual gaming. Gameplay activities are designed to help everyone who participates feel better about themselves, be supportive of others and make positive choices in their everyday lives. Players also can play mini games with inspirational themes; personalize their own characters and spaces in the game and play with and care for virtual pets.
The game offers more than 15 locations for community members to explore, including the:
• Department of Do Good – A place you can share real world good deeds you’ve performed and see what other members of the community have done
• Gratitude Grotto – A charming area where you can reveal what you are thankful for and express your support for messages left by others
• Sanctuary of Hope – A building where you can communicate your hopes and dreams and send encouragement to other players
• Arcade – A play area with uplifting mini-games to enjoy alone or with friends
• A new feature is the Better Pets Pet Shop, filled with adorable puppies, cute kittens or even a magical unicorn
A Better World was created by ToonUps, a digital entertainment company that has focused on developing digital content that encourages a positive outlook and altruistic behavior for more than a decade.
ToonUps hopes A Better World’s original approach could usher in a new genre of “do good gaming.” Research shows that being encouraged to think about things they are thankful for and doing activities that provide encouragement to others improves their mental, emotional and spiritual well being.
Play A Better World at http://www.facebook.com/ABetterWorld
I was given the opportunity to share my thoughts and opinions on A Better World. I received a gift card as a thank you for my participation. All thoughts and opinions are my own.